The required skills and experience for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required; CPA or qualification to sit for CPA exam strongly preferred.
- At least 1 year of overall experience in an accounting role is required.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Be able to work in an environment with many interruptions and multitask with composure, able to manage multiple ongoing projects at the same time while maintaining control and workflow efficiency.
- Experience in the preparation of individual tax returns, with an understanding of the tax code, forms and regulations.
- Must be highly organized with a strong commitment to customer service and attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable and experienced in the Windows operating realm, MS Office Suite in particular – we don’t use Macs here
- Experience and proficiency with QuickBooks, both desktop and Online, is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of word usage, grammar and punctuation, and the ability to review and edit documents for grammatical context to meet professional standards. This is a professional office, and everything that goes out makes a statement about the firm and its overall level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Must recognize the sensitivity of the client data being handled, and do so with the utmost discretion and professionalism
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
- Prepare compliance returns for state excise tax, payroll taxes (state and federal), personal property taxes.
- Monitor and advise clients of updates and/or changes in their filing requirements due to changes in their business or regulatory needs.
- Assist clients with oversight of their QuickBooks records, both online and desktop; perform and/or review account reconciliations, chart of accounts maintenance.
- Assist in preparing filings for local, state and federal tax compliance.
- Troubleshoot problems with clients’ accounting records, including error resolution and coaching to clients on how to properly record transactions of various types and complexities.
- Data entry to various software applications
- Other tasks as assigned – we are a small office and the term “not my job” does not apply here.
Position is full time; we keep normal business hours outside of tax seasons. Tax season volumes necessitate additional work demands on all staff at times to meet filing demands and sustain service levels – key attitude here is flexibility. Expect to work longer hours with limited vacation/PTO from January – April and again in September -October.
Pay offered and job title depending on experience and skill set. High performing individuals contributing to the Firm’s bottom line will be compensated accordingly. For a more detailed job description and to learn more about our firm, please visit the Careers tab on our website at www.clarkaccounting.net/careers
We are a rapidly growing CPA firm located in the northwest corner of Kent adjacent to the West Valley Highway. Ample free parking and no downtown train or traffic hassles. We're currently a 4-person firm, rapidly growing. Full time employees receive health benefits and paid vacations and holidays. We have great yelp and google reviews thanks to our commitment to outstanding client service and quality of work. You can check us out at www.clarkaccounting.net, on yelp and Facebook.
If you like being challenged and are committed to constant improvement of your process and yourself, then this is the firm for you. We’re looking for someone who understands fundamental accounting principles and has real world experience in applying those principles to solve business problems. Our clients come to us for solutions, and this position will play a key role, frequently working directly with clients to determine the best solution for a given situation.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Nicole at email@example.com